CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Program
The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program is a two-year appointment designed to support young investigators. Each scholar will have the opportunity to be mentored by a senior researcher, to network within a community of top-tier research leaders, and to form new collaborations with colleagues from diverse disciplines.
A CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholar will receive:
• $100,000 CDN in undesignated research support
• A two-year appointment to a CIFAR research program
• Specialized leadership and communication skills training
Applicants must hold a PhD or equivalent degree and be within five years of their first full-time academic appointment. Your start date in this position must be no earlier than July 1, 2017. Note that special consideration may be given to those who have taken parental leave or those with exceptional circumstances.
Scholars’ research must align with the themes of an eligible CIFAR research program. In the 2022 competition, the eligible programs are:
All applications must be submitted online through the Global Scholars application website by February 5, 2020, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time Zone (UTC -8)
Detailed program guidelines are available online.
A full application will include:
1. Summary Section:
- Summary of the value you anticipate from the program, aside from the financial benefits (400 words maximum)
- Brief statement about three areas of leadership and/or communications skills that you would like to strengthen during the program (100 words maximum)
- Brief statement about how you will contribute to advancing CIFAR’s commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion (250 words maximum)
- Lay Summary of your research interests (100 words maximum).
2. Detailed Section:
- Discuss your research background and proposed future directions, and how this program would advance your work (1000 words)
Discuss your experience and desire to make an impact outside of academia (1000 words).
3. A current CV with list of poublications as one .pdf document
4. You must arrange to have two letters of recommendation submitted to your online application:
One should assess your research in terms of productivity, creativity, breadth, and potential for future leadership (preferably from an academic supervisor or mentor)
It is recommended that one should address your leadership capacity and potential to expand research impact by engaging with communities outside of academia (can be a leader outside the academic sphere).
The application submission deadline is October 27, 2021, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time Zone (UTC -8). The letters of recommendation must also be submitted by this date and time.
Interested parties are encouraged to consult with Julaine Hall (email@example.com) at Research Development & Services regarding this award and the nomination process.
Full program description: Detailed Program Overview for more information.