CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Program
The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program is a two-year appointment designed to support young investigators. Each scholar will have the opportunity to be mentored by a senior researcher, to network within a community of top-tier research leaders, and to form new collaborations with colleagues from diverse disciplines.
A CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholar will receive:
• $100,000 CDN in undesignated research support
• A two-year appointment to a CIFAR research program
• Specialized leadership and communication skills training
Applicants must hold a PhD or equivalent degree and be within five years of their first full-time academic appointment. Scholars’ research must align with the themes of an eligible CIFAR research program. In the 2019 competition, the eligible programs are:
All applications must be submitted online through the Global Scholars application website by February 5, 2019, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time Zone (UTC -8)
A full application will include:
1. Summary Section (150 words each):
- Brief description of your most significant research achievement
- Summary of how your research complements the themes of the CIFAR program you have chosen
- Summary of your most important leadership experience
- Summary of your engagement/outreach with non-academic communities
2. Detailed Section:
- Discuss your research background and proposed future directions (1000 words)
Discuss your desire to make an impact outside of academia (1000 words)
- Citation of your research interests (100 words)
3. A current short CV as one .pdf document (max. five pages)
4. You must arrange to have two letters of recommendation submitted to your online application:
One should assess your research in terms of productivity, creativity, breadth, and potential for future leadership (preferably from an academic supervisor or mentor)
One should address your leadership capacity and potential to expand research impact by engaging with communities outside of academia (can be a leader outside the academic sphere)
The application submission deadline is February 5, 2019, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time Zone (UTC -8). The letters of recommendation must also be submitted by this date and time.
Interested parties are encouraged to consult with Julaine Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Research Development & Services regarding this award and the nomination process.