BBVA Frontiers of Knowledge Awards - 2015
The international BBVA Frontiers of Knowledge Awards recognize and encourage world-class research and artistic creation in the form of specific, outstanding advances, acknowledging contributions of lasting impact for their originality and theoretical significance. The awards are given in eight categories, with each award being worth €400,000.
- Basic Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
- Ecology and Conservation Biology
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Economics, Finance, and Management
- Contemporary Music
- Climate Change
- Development Cooperation (usually for organizations)
A complete nomination package consists of the following:
- Completed nomination form, found online;
- a summary of each candidate’s achievements, including the reasons for his/her/their nomination (max. 1000 characters each).
- letter of nomination signed by the president of the university
- a description of the salient contributions of the candidate(s) and reasoned arguments for their nomination (one document per nomination; for multiple nominees, briefly describe the role of each in the achievement under consideration; max. four pages)
- candidate’s (or candidates’) CV(s)
Nominations must be approved by nominees’ department chair and dean, and by Western’s VP (Research). Approved nominations will be endorsed by the president of the university. Contact Julaine Hall (email@example.com) at Research Development & Services to facilitate this process.
Final nomination submission deadline is Thursday, June 30, 2015
Interested parties are encouraged to consult with Julaine Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Research Development & Services regarding this awards and the nomination processes.