Bank of Canada Fellowships
The Bank of Canada is the nation's central bank.
The Fellowship Award provides financial support to academics who are recognized for their expertise and research in areas important to the Bank's core functions.
The award consists of:
- a research grant of $50,000 per year per recipient
- a research expense allowance of $40,000 per year per recipient, for related research expenses and for research assistants
- a sum of $5,000 for the university for administration of the award funds
The award is for a term of up to five years and is subject to an annual review and confirmation process.
Fellowship Award nominees are required to:
- be Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, or be otherwise legally permitted to work in Canada
- conduct and support research in Canada (nominations where the majority of the research is in Canada could also be considered)
- have obtained a PhD
- be employed by a Canadian university in a tenure or tenure-track position during the term of the Fellowship Award
A complete nomination includes:
- Cover page with the following information
- PhD information (year obtained and field of study)
- mailing address
- telephone number (work and home)
- email address
- Google Scholar ID Link
- ORCID ID Link (optional)
- Nomination letter (1-2 pages)
- Signed by an official representative of the university (e.g. University President, Dean of the Department / School of Business, etc.) confirming that the nominee is in good standing and meets the eligibility requirements.
- Curriculum vitae including a summary listing the following:
- wholly-written books and book chapters
- published and forthcoming articles in high impact peer-reviewed journals (2010-2020)
- working papers (2010-2020)
- conference proceedings (2010-2020)
- research grants and awards (2010-2020)
- Research program and plan (max. 6 pages)
- A document that describes the nominee’s current research program and the research planned during the period of the award, including references and works cited.
- Recent paper and four abstracts
- Provide a copy of a recent paper by the nominee, together with abstracts of four additional papers
- These may be either published or unpublished and authored or co-authored by the nominee.
- Letter of Reference
- A signed copy of a reference letter from an external expert must be sent by the referee to firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculties are ancouraged to put forward Nominations and submit final documents directly to: email@example.com
The final submission deadline is November 30, 2021.
Research Development Consultant, Awards & Distinctions
Telephone: 519-661-2111 (ext. 87970)