Balzan Prizes - 2019
The International E. Balzan Prize Foundation aims to promote culture, science, and the most meritorious initiatives in the cause of humanity, peace, and fraternity among peoples throughout the world. This aim is attained through the annual award of prizes in (1) literature, moral sciences, and the arts, and (2) medicine and the physical, mathematical, and natural sciences. In 2019, the Balzan Prizes, each worth 750,000 Swiss Francs (approx. $915,000 CAD) will be awarded in the areas of:
- Film Studies
- Islamic Studies
- Theory of Partial Differential Equations
- Pathophysiology of respiration: from basic sciences to the bedside.
A full nomination package will include:
- A statement detailing the rationale for the nomination, including mention of particularly important publications.
- A CV including present position, main academic activities, date
andplace of birth, nationality, residence, and address.
- A recent photograph with an indication of copyright where applicable.
- For candidates in the social sciences and humanities: A bibliography, including the above-mentioned publications, with
publisher, publication year, and translations of original titles that have been translated into other languages.
- For candidates in the sciences: A list with full bibliographic citations of 10 to 20 of the candidate’s most important publications.
Nominations are made typically by the President of the university. However, a Dean's office may also nominate. All packages requiring institutional signatures must be forwarded to the Research Development and Services office by Friday, March 1, 2019. Final submission deadline is Fridayday, March 15, 2019.
Interested parties are encouraged to consult with Julaine Hall (email@example.com) at Research Development & Services regarding this award and the nomination process.