Academic Writing Retreat | Fall 2018
Would you benefit from a supportive day of focused writing with your colleagues at the start of the academic year to set you up to meet writing goals over the months ahead?
With Research Western's support, the Faculty Writing Support Program will host its second one-day writing retreat on Thursday, October 11, 2018. Unavailable? We plan to hold another session in early summer and will host weekly drop-in writing sessions every Friday during the academic year.
- When: October 11, 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.
- Who: Full- and part-time faculty at Western
- What: After brief introductions and goal-setting, the bulk of the day will be spent writing quietly alongside one another
- Brain Nourishment: Caffeinated and non-caffeinated beverages, snacks, and lunch will be provided.
- Application Deadline: Application is now closed.
To make this retreat effective, we can only welcome 30 faculty members at this time.
We will accept applications from part-time faculty (including those without research appointments) and full-time faculty from all faculties and departments at Western. We will select the final list of participants based on their reasons for wishing to attend, while also attempting to represent the diversity of our colleagues. Confirmations will be sent out in early October.
If you have any additional questions, please contact Emily Abrams Ansari, Associate Professor, Music Research and Composition, or Kelly Olson, Associate Professor, Classical Studies, Women's Studies and Law.