Research Western Conference
Thank you for joining us!
On August 28, 2018, we hosted our inaugural Research Western Conference – a one-day series of collaborative workshops, seminars and presentations to help you kick your research program into overdrive. We anticipate holding a second session in the spring of 2019.
Would you like to make a suggestion, or do you have a topic you'd like to see covered? Please let us know!
The conference, while not geared specifically to new-to-Western faculty members, touched on topics relevant to those with active research programs, those seeking new funding opportunities and those managing research projects or looking for more information to prepare themselves for the busy fall granting season.
Please find relevant presentations and documents from the day below (Password required).
- Full Schedule of Topics
- Research Services Guide to the Galaxy...of Fall Grant Submissions
- Set the Stage: Internal Funding Opportunities
- Drafting a Compelling Project Summary
- Drafting a Compelling Project Summary Handout
- Building a Better Budget: Application Budget Development & Indirect Costs
- How Does Contract Research Fit with your Research Program?
- Knowledge Exchange & Impact Tools for Grant Writing Success
- WORLDiscoveries: Commercialization & Innovation
- Strategies for International Research Engagement
- WREM Quick Facts (Human Research Ethics)
- Improve your Human Ethics Application and Minimize Recommendations
- 10 Tips for a Successful Human Research Ethics Board Application
For more information, or questions relating to the Research Western Conference, please contact Natalie Wu, Research Development Officer (Post-Award) (519-661-2111 ext. 81572)