What is RAD?The Rape Aggression Defence System provides women basic information on personal safety, awareness, risk reduction and avoidance. RAD teaches practical defensive techniques that require no special skills. This is employed as women learn to be more aware of their surroundings. RAD also offers the opportunity to test these learned skills on a real person during an optional simulated attack session. This course is held in a private setting and is available for Western students, faculty, staff, alumni and guests.
Why is RAD Special?
- The largest network of its kind with over 3,000 instructors trained who have trained nearly 100,000 women.
- The only program with a free lifetime return and practice policy that is honoured nationwide and in the United States.
- The development of specialized simulation techniques and equipment for use by certified RAD instructors.
- The only self defence program ever endorsed by the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (I.A.C.L.E.A.).
RAD Basic Physical Defence Program
The cornerstone of the RAD System, this course has its foundations in education and awareness. The course includes lecture, discussion, and self defence techniques suitable for women of all ages and abilities. The course is FREE to all participants. A $20 deposit is required with your registration package. The deposit is returned in full at the successful completion of the course.
- Friday evening February 22 and Saturday February 23, 2019.
Please stay tuned for further class dates.
All training takes place on campus. You will be notified of the location.
For further inquires, email email@example.com
- Registration & Release Form (PDF, 54KB)
- Training Safety Precautions (PDF. 230 KB)
- Wellness Information Form (PDF 486 KB)
Testimonials from past students
"This is an AMAZING self defense program that covers everything from preparing your home and yourself all the way through to practicing moves and simulated attacks (which are optional). One of my most memorable classmates was a 75 year old woman who participated in the course a few years back. She was incredible!"
"I’ve taken part in this program 3 times and am truly impressed with the course, as are my fellow classmates!"
"I learned a lot of practical information which can come in handy. It's definitely a course not to be missed for women wanting to know how to be street-smart."
"I am bruised and sore but it was worth it!!!!!! I found the RAD training to be informative and practical. Learning the skills and being able to apply them within a controlled environment helped me focus my mind about what was happening and the best course of action to take. It was also a BIG confidence booster! I highly recommend this training to all females just for their own knowledge and for the enjoyment of testing their skills!
Thank you to UWO Campus Police for taking the time to do this training!"
"The instructors are really friendly and approachable which makes the course fun and interactive. Highly recommended!!"