Parking Operations Resume for September
After a spring and summer of complimentary parking across campus, Parking & Visitor Services will resume collecting fees for all parking services in September. In consideration of the pandemic, all permit and visitor rates are being held at 2019-2020 pricing.
Here is what you need to know to ensure you have uninterrupted access to parking facilities:
Permit Lot Gates:
- Chemistry Lot gates will go down as of August 16 (those with active grey permits will still have access to this lot)
- All remaining gates will be down as of September 1 so you will need to have an active Western Parking Permit or be prepared to utilize pay-as you-go visitor parking options.
- Enforcement staff will be monitoring lots to help ensure a smooth return to campus for the entire community. Permit holders are reminded to park in their designated lots.
- Many of our permit lots have been reconfigured (gates removed, reserved spaces added etc.) over the summer months; please pay extra attention to new signage or reserved areas.
Faculty/Staff Parking Permits:
- Customers using continuous payroll deduction will see parking fees deducted on their September pay statement as usual pre-pandemic. There is no need to renew or purchase a new permit and you should experience no interruption to your parking privileges. HOW TO CHECK PERMIT TYPE.
- Customers who purchased their permit by cash, credit or debit for months where fees were not collected (January through August) are asked to log into their Parking Account to check on the expiry date of their permits. HOW TO CHECK PERMIT EXPIRY DATE.
- Permits are expected to be available for sale online on August 16 for new, sessional or otherwise returning employees that do not currently hold a permit but desire one for September at: https://www.uwo.ca/parking/permits/faculty_staff.html.
For detailed instructions on how to log into your Parking Account to check on permit status, click on PDF INFO DOCUMENT
Visit the Parking website for further information:PERMIT RATES
Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you have about parking and your return to campus. We can be reached at:Parking & Visitor Services
Support Services Building, Room 4150
Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
*when stopping in person to the Parking Office, take advantage of the free 10-minute space along the curb when you first enter the SSB lot.