This workshop provides a forum to explore how diversity issues can affect any environment. Participants will discuss power and privilege, mythical norms, and how they're reinforced through social practice, assumptions, and stereotypes. Participants will also explore the concept of intersectionality and will work with case studies grounded in a campus environment to determine effective ways to be an ally.
- Brent Boles, Community Engagement Coordinator, Student Experience
- Monica Munaretto, Manager, Graduate Student Life, Student Experience
Own Your Future Power Skill Focus:
- Recognizing and Acknowledging Ideas Within their Cultural and Social Context
- Working and Engaging with Others Respectfully
- Forming Meaningful Working Relationships
- View the workshop schedule for upcoming workshops