The path to completing your
The 2019 Global Talent Trends Report released from Linkedin Talent Solutions observed that the top trend transforming the workplace is “soft skills”. These "soft skills" are now being recognized as Power Skills.
Characteristics of a Power Skill:
Power Skills like creativity, adaptability, and time management are human qualities that machines cannot duplicate, and these qualities will help set you apart in your future career.
- But where and when do you find the time to focus on gaining these invaluable attributes?
- Can you identify the Power Skills that you possess?
- Where do you begin to learn these valuable skills?
Own Your Future was created to help you acquire and develop Power Skills. Within Own Your Future, these Power Skills are grouped into six categories:
Connect your interests, values, personality
- Engaging Effectively in Job Searches
- Making Realistic Career Decisions
- Articulating and Applying Your Knowledge
Explain complex ideas to a variety of audiences, to use the appropriate communication tools effectively, and to foster positive working relationships.
- Effective Listening
- Communicating Complex Ideas Broadly
- Using Technology and Social Media Effectively
- Constructing Positive Working Relationships
- Navigating Difficult Relationships
- Forming Collaborative Relationships
Apply your personal strengths, skills
Promote initiative and accountability through self-awareness and self-assessment, time management, work-life balance and seeking help when needed.
Identify your own learning needs and the needs of others, to create appropriate teaching and learning strategies, to engage learners, and to assess learning outcomes.
- Presenting Complex Information and Concepts
- Designing and Facilitating Engaging Learning Experiences
- Designing Meaningful Assignments and Assessments
- Self-Direct Learning
Navigate effectively through a complex global world of cultural and social diversity with multiple value systems.