Side view of the Grad Club patio

Check out this new video that describes what the Office of the Ombudsperson can do for graduate students.


Encountering mental health difficulties? Empower Me is a Mental Health and Wellness Program run by StudentCare.  The program is also available to students not physically located in London. Check out Empower Me's international flip chart

The Office of the Ombudsperson is an additional resource for graduate students concerned about their academic career. While the Graduate Regulations site should always be referenced for concerns regarding graduate studies, the Ombudsperson also provides a frequently asked questions page and guide list to help you understand the options available to you if you believe you've encountered unfairness in your education.

The Office of the Ombudsperson always recommends talking to your supervisor before taking additional action. Don't hesitate to email us at about any concerns you have or if you have any questions regarding the information provided on this website. We are here to help guide students to a fair resolution.

Want advice from someone who's been there and done that? A new, very useful resource for graduate students is the Society of Graduate Students' (SOGS) Peer Advisors for Academic Matters. Email the Peer Advisors at and arrange to meet with a fellow graduate student to discuss the conflict you are having, the grade you are disputing, and other matters. Graduate Peer Advisors can also attend meetings you have with administrators. Sometimes it's good to have someone beside you to take notes and make sure you remember all your points.

There are lots of other great resources for when a student or faculty member are encountering conflict. The University of Minnesota's Academic Civility and Dignity Project is one such resource. Check out the project's web site for great tips on what to do when you are encountering conflict.