The 2014 Infection and Immunity Research Forum was held Thursday, November 6, 2014 and hosted by The Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Western University, London, Ontario, Canada.
We thank everyone who came out to the 2014 IIRF. Congratulations to all oral and poster presentation winners!
Photos from the 2014 IIRF can be viewed here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsk5mLEWF
Oral Presentation Awards:
- Tiffany Leighton, McMaster University, "Cysteine-disulfide cross-linking to study dynamics between PilN and PilO from the type IV pilus system of Pseudomonas aeruginosa." $500 Cedarlane 1st Place Oral Presentation Award
- Cason King, Western University, "An unhealthy relationship: manipulation of cellular protein kinase A by human adenovirus E1A."$200 Sernova Corp 2nd Place Oral Presentation Award
- Omar El-Halfawy, Western University, "A novel paradigm of interbacterial communication of antibiotic resistance mediated by conserved secreted bacterial lipocalins." $100 Fisher Scientific 3rd Place Oral Presentation Award
Poster Competition Awards
- Sahil Gupta, University of Toronto, "Up regulation of heat-shck protein 90 (HSP90) induces prolonged neutrophil apoptosis in septic patients." $50 Fisher Scientific Award for Best Undergraduate Poster Presentation
- Aaron Johnson, Western University, "Differences in Nef-mediated downregulation of MHC I and CD28 between major HIV-1 subtypes during pseudoviral infections." $100 Fisher Scientific Award for Best Graduate (Less than 6 months) Poster Presentation
- Brandon Oickle, Western University, "Investigating candidate glycoproteins and their functions in Helicobacter pylori." $100 Bio-Rad Award for Best Graduate (Less than 6 months) Poster Presentation
- Nyle Novakowski, McMaster University, "MARCO! POLO! In a pool of transcript variants; what can we learn about macrophage scavenger receptors?" $100 Cedarlane Award for Best Graduate Poster (Greater than 6 months) Presentation
- Lauren Soloman, Western University, "Genome-wide comparison of PU.1 and Spi-B binding sites in a mouse B lymphoma cell line." $100 BioLegend Award for Best Graduate Poster (Greater than 6 months) Presentation
- Jeremy Brozyna, Western University, "Iron acquisition mechanism employed by Staphylococcus lugdunensis." $100 eBioscience Award for Best Graduate Poster (Greater than 6 months) Presentation