International Experiential Learning in Barcelona: Culture through the Ages
INFO SESSION: Thursday, October 20th, 5:30-6:30pm, Kresge Building, Room 203
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: November 4, 2016
This 3-week course in Barcelona explores cultural differences between the
Mediterranean life and North American life through artistic expressions, history, food, and
values. You will engage with the local culture, discover new places, and be exposed to new
perspectives; ultimately, this experience will likely re-shape your identity in the global context.
• Expose you to different histories to illustrate how these have shaped present-day Europe.
• Get you to know and experience another culture first-hand.
• Expose you to the local cultural production.
• Help you develop an understanding for linguistic minorities and different cultural frames.
• Familiarize you with new perspectives, new sights, new sounds, new smells, new tastes…
• Expand your worldview through active immersion in a different culture.
*Open to all students in second year or above and permission of the Department of Languages and Cultures