TO REQUEST BACKUP SERVICES, PLEASE COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING FORM:
- About Network Backup and Recovery
- System Administrators Responsibilities
- Pricing and Fees
- Contact Information
- Related Links
ITS offers Network Backup / Recovery services for most computer operating systems using TCP/IP protocol over the Campus Backbone.
These services are based on Legato NetWorker software and include the following features:
- Unattended overnight backups are performed between 5pm and 7am depending on client needs.
On demand backups can be requested at any time.
- Backups are run on a 28 day schedule, comprised of one Full backup and incremental backups on all other
days. Files are kept in the archive for 2 months before the data is released.
Longer retention time is available on request.
- File / Directory inclusion and exclusion options allow the client backup to be tailored to your exact requirements.
- System Administrators can initiate restores from their client machines. The backup tape library is online 24X7, and no ITS staff have to be contacted.
- Backups are cloned and are stored in the controlled environment offsite. This ensures there are always two copies of the backup data, stored in different locations.
- System Administrators receive an automated email notification on the completion of each backup. Alternatively, these notifications can be sent to a mailing list or a newsgroup to allow access by more than one individual. In addition, a log of all actions performed by Networker is maintained centrally for an extended period.
In the event of a complete client system failure, the System Administrator is responsible for reinstalling the base system. This implies that the System Administrator can re-install the operating system and any other necessary base components. If the client system is running Windows 2003 or XP, the ASR system can be used allowing a quick and simple recovery process
NOTE: Client system must be connected to the campus backbone.
For further information, or a demonstration of this product, please contact the Legato Support Team