Thank you to faculty, staff and students across Western who contribute to making International Week such a dynamic learning experience and fun-filled week.
Planning for the International Week 2020 schedule will soon be underway! Our goal this year is to focus on events that provide enriching, engaging experiences, foster dialogue about internationalization or international learning, build intercultural skills and knowledge, engage communities (both local and abroad), and help individuals become more globally aware.
We encourage faculties and departments to work on signature events for their area or partner together on interdisciplinary events. Please contact us with any questionsl.
What kinds of events are possible?
- lectures, workshops or panel presentations
- students or others sharing international experiences or intercultural insights
- cultural celebrations, demonstrations or performances
- roundtable discussions to explore issues or topics related internationalization, international learning or other global themes
- foreign films, language learning opportunities, or art exhibitions with an international theme
- events that celebrate and recognize diversity
- events that incorporate community partners or alumni
- poster presentations
- a non-event event: consider a social media campaign to foster dialogue and engage your area in a conversation about internationalization or an international topic; or encourage faculty, staff and students to talk about their international experiences in classes or as part of their daily interactions that week
Be creative! The possibilities are endless.
If you need help or are looking for a sounding board for ideas, please feel free to contact Crystal Lamb, Communications and Events Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 81350, or the International Week Chair, Kris Dundas, at email@example.com or ext. 81064.