International LearningWestern International

Category 4: International Study or Work Experience

Candidates for the Global and Intercultural Engagement Honor who have studied or worked abroad can claim 10 points for experiences of 2-8 weeks and 20 points for experiences longer than 8 weeks. If students have gone on a Western program, there is no need to provide documentation. Students who have undertaken an experience independently must provide some documentation (transcript, certificate of completion, letter from employer, proof of enrollment, etc...). Students may only claim experiences they have undertaken during their Western career. International students studying at Western are awarded 20 points for their international study in Canada.

Category 4 Claim Form PDF