International LearningWestern International

Student Life at Western

Student Life at Western

Students OutsideAs an exchange student, you will have the opportunity to experience everything Western has to offer! Take part in recreational activities, join a club, meet new friends and explore Canada.

The links below offer a sampling of the numerous programs and services available to you.

On-Campus Residence

Once your application is approved you will receive the on-campus residence application via email from the Housing Department. Students attending Western through the Faculty of Law or the Richard Ivey School of Business should contact their exchange coordinator at Western to inquire about housing. Students registering at Brescia, Huron or King's are not eligible for residence at Western's main campus.

Off-Campus Housing

Exchange students may also choose to live off campus during their exchange. Western offers assistance through the Off-Campus Housing Service. This site offers listings for both apartments and houses, in a variety of price ranges. There is a map available so you can view the general location of the listings.

Please note that all inquiries about housing at Western should be directed to Residence Admissions or the Off-Campus Housing Service. The International Learning will not be able to provide detailed information to students regarding housing.

Academic Support

Student Development Centre:  The Student Development Centre at Western offers a number of programs to help ensure academic success. Programs can range from learning skills and effective writing, to personal couselling services.

Services for Students with Disabilities: If you need additional support while on exchange, please contact the International Learning immediately, so accommodations can be made with the Student Development Centre.

Student Activities

International and Exchange Student Centre: This office offers a variety of programs for all of Western’s International and Exchange Students, including social activities throughout the year.

Campus Recreation: As an exchange student, you will be able to utilize all campus recreational facilities with your Western 1 ID card.

Cheerleaders on flight

Intercollegiate Athletics: You can try out for a Mustangs sports team!

Western Film: Western’s has an on-campus cinema. See current movies at greatly reduced prices.

Western Music: Western Music offers a wide variety of concerts throughout the year.

Join a Club or Association:  You may also want to join one of Western’s many clubs. There’s something to suit everyone.