International LearningWestern International

Fees for Incoming Exchange Students

As an exchange student, you pay tuition to your home university.  However, exchange students are required to pay the following fees to Western University. All figures are in Canadian dollars for the 2018-2019 year. The figures below do not include any other fees. Students are required to cover their own housing, travel and related costs of the exchange.

University Health Insurance Plan: UHIP provides affordable insurance to pay the cost of the hospital and medical services that International students in Ontario and their families might need to maintain their health while in Canada . The plan provides coverage comparable to that of OHIP for Ontario residents.  Rates for one person for 2017-2018 are: $204.00 per term (4 months).

Western One Card: This identification card allows you access to the libraries, campus recreation facilities and serves as your meal card and bus pass. Cost: $31.

Bus Pass: All Western students are required to purchase a bus pass. This student pass is for all regularly scheduled London Transit Commission (LTC) bus routes. It is valid for 12 months of the year.  Cost (approx.): $250.00