International & Exchange  Student CentreWestern International

Study Permit

International students who wish to study at Western University for more than six months, must have a valid Study Permit that will allow them to study at a post-secondary institution in Canada.

Students should not begin their studies at Western University without a valid Study Permit.

When to Apply?

Once you receive your acceptance letter to Western University, you should apply for your Study Permit. You may also need a Temporary Resident Visa.

If you are currently in Canada with a valid Study Permit, you should “check your study permit expiry date, and make sure to apply before that date. Applications for renewal should be submitted at least 30 days before the current permit expires.”1

How to Apply?

Your Responsibilities as a Student

View important information on your responsibility as an international student:

Additional Information: