Note: Western International is operating virtually Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm to ensure the health and safety of our community, and to prevent the risk and spread of COVID-19.
Book an appointment with one of our International Student Advisors and explore other ways to stay connected and ask questions on our remote services website.
For many of you, this will be your first experience living apart from your families and friends and experiencing a new cultural, social, and academic environment. As you transition to life in Canada and at Western and as you journey through your university experience, we have services in place to support you.
International Student Advising
Confidential advising service provided by International Student Advisors is available to help you address any questions or concerns that may arise throughout your time at Western.
International Students can get assistance on a range of issues such as:
- Immigration matters
- Employment and other government regulations
- Cultural and academic transitions
- University policies and procedures
- Cross-cultural understanding and communications; Canadian cultural norms
- Becoming involved – making new connections and building your new community
- Health care
- Financial concerns
- Resources for families and children
- Referrals to campus and community resources, etc.
For information about IESC’s advising services, please see our remote advising information page.
Privacy and Confidentiality
Western is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. Please contact us in advance if you have any particular accommodation requirements.