Family Practice Clinic
Family Practice Clinic
Health & Wellness Centre
Thames Hall, Rm 2120
Mon to Fri -
8:30 am to 4:00 pm
The Family Practice Clinic for faculty and staff continues to provide essential medical care to clinic patients; however, to further minimize the risk of COVID-19 community spread we are providing a model of care encompassing both virutal and in-person medical visits.
The clinic will only be open for pre-scheduled, in-person appointments. Physicians will continue to provide virtual visits via telephone from 8:30 am - 4 pm, Monday-Friday. All visits will need to be booked in advance via phone.
To book a telephone physician consult appointment, or an in-person with a doctor please call us.
COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing Centre
Western's on-campus vaccination and testing centre is open in the Graphic Services Building.
Book an appointment using the online booking tool. Testing days and hours are updated regularly, please visit the COVID-19 vaccine information page.
Full-time staff members and their immediate family (spouse and children), who do not have a family physician are eligible to use the Family Practice Clinic.
*The Staff/Faculty Family Practice clinic is now accepting patient applications for the practice.
How the clinic works: As a patient you will be assigned to one physician, but in the event that your family doctor is unavailable, you will be offered an appointment with one of the other physicians at the clinic. The clinic takes pride in offering patient care that is both timely and professional. Please keep in mind, however, that there may be times when patient demands exceed appointment availability. The clinic members look forward to participating in your care!
- 24 hours notice is required for an appointment cancellation. No show appointments, failure to arrive on time and inadequate appointment cancellation time will result in a fee being charged, to a maximum of $150.00. No new appointments will be booked until fees are paid.
- Prescriptions will not be renewed over the telephone. Please be sure to book an appointment BEFORE your medications run out.
- This clinic does not practice email medicine. Emails will only be used to confirm appointments.
- Blood tests may not be ordered over the telephone. Please book an appointment with the doctor to get a requisition for any blood tests required.
- Please inform the receptionist of the nature of your visit. This allows us to schedule the appropriate amount of time required.
- Inappropriate behaviour to any staff member in the clinic will not be tolerated.
- A health card is required at each appointment.
- When you no longer work for Western, you may continue to access health care services for up to six months beyond the termination date.
- Please note that if you have a child registered with you in the Family Practice, once they reach the age of 25 they will need to find a family physician out in the community.
Published on and maintained in Cascade CMS.