Pension Plan Services at Sun Life Financial
Access your account at Sun Life Financial
- Active employees may use their Western user ID and password on the Pension Plan login page at Western.
- All members can go directly to sunlife.ca/western and use their Sun Life access ID and password to login.
- Your account number is 03479 followed by your 9-digit Western ID number.
- Please note – the first time you access your account at Sun Life you must register. Learn more.
Need assistance? Please contact the Sun Life Customer Care Centre at 1-866-733-8612.
Western Pension Plan members have access to a full range of services, tools, and information at Sun Life Financial, including:
- The ability to see your account valued on a daily basis and to make investment changes on any business day
- Excellent online access and mobile account access
- The option to provide investment instructions via phone
- Access to investment advice
- Detailed information about the holdings within each investment
- Investment fees* that remain highly competitive (and are locked in until January 2027)
Western’s Joint Pension Board retains oversight of the plan and continues to select the best investments for members, as it has done since 1969. In 2014 Western selected Sun Life as preferred provider of a Retirement Income Fund (RIF) for Western retirees, and in 2017, Pension Plan services were also transitioned to Sun Life. Sun Life is the largest provider of defined contribution pension plans in Canada and has 27 universities among its clients.
Learn more about your Western Pension Plan
* Total fees include investment management fees, custodian fees and fund operating expenses
Registering for access to your account at Sun Life
Good to know: Your Sun Life account number is 03479, followed by your nine digit Western employee ID number.
The first time you login to your account, either through the Western login page (using your Western credentials) or directly at sunlife.ca/western, you will be asked to verify your identity and register. Here is information you may be required to provide:
- Your Western employee ID (nine digits) or your Sun Life account number (03479 followed by your 9-digit Western ID number).
- Your date of birth, country of residence, postal code and your account number.
- You will be prompted to establish a Sun Life access ID and password (unless you have done so for a previous Sun Life account). These will be used anytime you log directly into sunlife.ca/western or use the my Sun Life Mobile App.
If you have any questions or require help to register, please contact the Sun Life Customer Care Centre at 1-866-733-8612 any business day between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET.
The following materials and information were provided during the Western transition of pension services to Sun Life Financial in the fall of 2016, and in 2017. Please note that some portions of this information may now be outdated, and is provided for reference purposes only.
Questions about the transition to Sun Life may be directed to Human Resources at email@example.com or at 519-661-2194.
For questions about your account please contact the Sun Life Customer Care Centre at 1-866-733-8612 any business day between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET.