Your Pension & Investments
Your pension savings could be your most important financial asset. The decisions you make about your pension savings can have a big impact on your retirement income down the road. Your decisions and responsibilities as a member include deciding what investments are right for you, and whether you wish to increase your savings using additional voluntary contributions to make your savings grow faster.
Sun Life Financial provides day-to-day member services and administration of the Plan on behalf of Western. They can provide helpful information, advice and assistance with managing your account. You’ll find detailed account information and many great resources on the member website at www.sunlife.ca/western.
In addition to resources on the Sun Life website, some helpful Plan and Investment resources, outlined below, are also available on the Western Pension website.
About Your Plan
- Pension Plan Summary - outlines the main features of the Western Retirement Plan
- Information for New Members about Your Pension Plan - Your Plan, Your Future
- Retirement Guide – will help you plan and understand your retirement options
- Eligibility - details on who may join the Western Pension Plan
- News & Announcements - when Western, Sun Life Financial or a government makes a change that affects your Plan, we will keep you informed.
- Governance – learn more about the Joint Pension Board
- Marriage Breakdown - rules in effect that affect pension asset division on marriage breakdown
- Frequently Asked Questions - about your Pension Plan
- Pension Plan protection of privacy
About the Investments Available in your Plan
Ihe most comprehensive information on the investments available for your Western Pension Plan, as well as investment advice are available from Sun Life Financial.
The following documents and information on the Western website may also be helpful:
- Annual Investment Commentary (2018)
- Investment Tiers – the investment fund options available to Pension Plan members have been grouped into three tiers.
Published on and maintained in Cascade CMS.