COVID-19 Off-Campus Support While Isolating

Any student facing a period of quarantine, isolation, or challenges as a result of COVID 19 can connect with the Student Support and Case Management (SSCM) Office for help. Students can e-mail with questions or for support. We can help with:

Academic Considerations

Our Case Manager team can help students navigate academic concerns and accommodation needs by helping connect the Student to their Academic Counsellor. This applies for students exhibiting symptoms who are unable to complete course requirements as well as students who may have in-class components but are also required to isolate.

Mental Health

Our Case Manager team can help get students connected to mental health resources on campus for any potential feelings of isolation, guilt, or worry as a result of COVID 19. Our team is able to connect virtually with students either by phone or video call to ensure students have access to the support they need. Students can contact a Case Manager directly via a confidential inbox:


Our Case Manager team can help students get access to food and supplies they may need while in isolation for COVID 19.


I have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or I am experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, what should I do?

You can get tested at the campus COVID-19 testing centre, located in Western Graphic Services Building. Visit the Take Care Western website for full details about how to access a COVID-19 test.

I have been tested for COVID-19 and am self-isolating as I await the results, what should I do?

You can continue with your coursework while self-isolating. If you have in-person components to your courses, please notify for support in navigating your academic accommodation. If you are symptomatic and this is impacting on your ability to complete coursework, please make a virtual appointment with Student Health by calling 519-661-3030.

How can I get food while self-isolating?

For students living in Residence, please notify the Leader On Call and let them know that you are self-isolating while awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test. A Residence staff member will follow-up.  

For students living off-campus, many grocery stores offer delivery services (i.e. Loblaws, Real Canadian Superstore, Walmart, Costco, etc.).

If someone cannot pay via credit card, please contact SSCM may have access to funding to help support students with essential needs (cleaning supplies, essential groceries, etc.) who are in isolation.

I have tested positive for COVID-19, what should I do?

You can continue with your coursework while quarantining. If you have questions or concerns about your symptoms or isolation period, please email For academic consideration please complete the SIRT form found here.

If you require food/groceries while in quarantine, there are several stores that offer grocery delivery services (Loblaws, Real Canadian Superstore, Walmart, Costco). If you live in Residence, please contact the Leader On Call to let them know that you are quarantining after a positive COVID-19 test and they ensure a Residence staff member follows-up.

I am feeling stressed about COVID-19, is there someone that I can talk to?

If you feel that you would benefit from speaking to a counsellor, please reach out to the Mental Health Team to schedule a telephone or virtual appointment (519-661-3030).