Faculty and Staff Wellness
Western faculty and staff members have access to a broad range of services and supports. Get to know the options and choose the supports that are right for you.
- The Western Workplace Health Clinic is a service where all staff and faculty can discuss work and personal health concerns and questions.
- The Western Family Practice Clinic is open to full-time staff and faculty members and their immediate family (spouse and children), who do not have a family physician.
- The Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) offers 24/7 access to confidential emergency telephone support for all employees. Full-time and other eligible employees and members of their immediate family also have access to a range of EAP services including confidential, face-to-face or secure web-based counselling.
- The Western Ergonomics Program includes work site assessment, design consultation, descriptions of physical demands, job coaching and return to work assessments.
- Western Health and Safety works with individuals, departments and faculties to ensure a safe working environment.
- First Aid and CPR training - is provided on campus by SERT - the Student Emergency Response Team
- Western Rehabilitation Services promotes employee health and wellness and strives to minimize the impact associated with disability throughout the organization. The rehab team consists of a Rehabilitation Leader, Rehabilitation Coordinator, Ergonomic Specialists, a Return to Work Specialist and a Wellness Information Coordinator Coordinator. The team provides support when you are on sick leave, long-term disability and helps with transition or return to work when it is time.
- Alcoholics Anonymous Western Open Discussion Meeting is open to anyone who has, or thinks they may have a problem with alcohol. Meetings offer information, support, and help toward recovery and are open to students, faculty, staff, and members of the general public. Meetings on campus - Fridays from 2-3 p.m. in Room 369 University Community Centre - from September to April. Visit www.aalondon.org.
- Living Well @ Western - meditation, yoga, Tai Chi and more opportunities for physical, cultural, and intellectual activities to improve your health and wellness
- Wellness Calendar - check out the upcoming Living Well and other activities on Western's Event calendar and the Western Wellness calendar.
- Get inspired! Visit Campus Recreation today. Memberships to the Western Student Recreation Centre are available to faculty and staff members.