Syllabus - Click here to download
French 1002, French 1003AB, permission from the Department based on Placement Test. Students with up to Ontario Grade 11 French or equivalent must take the Placement Test.
Ontario Grade 12 French or equivalent. French 1011AB.
French 1010 (Intermediate level) is an intensive course designed as a continuation of French 1002 (Beginner level), or as a course for students with some limited experience of French. This course prepares students for first-year university French, (French 1910, 1999 or 1900E), and possible DELF A1 or A2 certification.
French 1010 begins with an overview of the basics of grammar and a review of the first 10 Chapters of the textbook.. We then move on to an active learning approach, calling on you to use your critical thinking skills and participate actively in the process of developing your knowledge of the French language. This will include the four skills approach of listening, reading, writing and speaking in French. There is a weekly Tutorial session which supplements in-class instruction.
By the end of the course, students will be expected to:
- be able to recognize and identify most grammatical terminology.
- use the four skills to understand and use sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- use the four skills to communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
DISTRIBUTION OF MARKS
(subject to change)
|1 Chapter Review Test||5%|
|5 Chapter Tests @ 6%||30%|
|2 Listening Comprehension Tests @ 5%||10%|
|1 Oral Test||5%|
|1 Final Composition||5%|
|Classroom Attendance and Participation||10%|
|Tutorial Attendance and Participation||5%|
1. En bons termes package, Parmentier, Potvin, 10th edition, (Pearson)
The package contains the following 2 components:
(1) En bons termes Textbook
(2) MyFrenchLab Access Card
Auditing is not permitted.