Service Desk by JIRA
Enhancing Information Technology Customer Support
Beginning March 4, 2019, the Faculty of Health Sciences is launching a new online system – JIRA Service Desk – for delivering enhanced Information Technology support. Replacing email and phone calls, the Service Desk portal provides a streamlined ticket creation process for faculty and staff to submit requests for assistance and support through our faculty-based Information Technology service team.
What type of support is available through Service Desk?
All requests related to information technology will be fielded through Service Desk. This includes: desktop computer support, classroom learning technology, research labs and requests for new equipment. If you previously requested a type of support via email or over the phone, it should now be submitted through Service Desk.
How does Service Desk work?
- Sign in to Service Desk with your Western username and password
- Submit a ticket online through a desktop or a mobile device
- Ticket is 'picked up' by a member of the IT team
- Service is provided and progress of service requests is updated in the online system
- Once resolved or completed, the ticket is 'Closed'
- Client receives a customer service survey
Why Service Desk?
- One stop for all IT support
- Desktop, classrooms, lab etc.
- Faster response times
- Tracking of project status
- Access to "How do I...?" database
- Links to central IT support
- ENHANCED CUSTOMER SERVICE
Questions about SERVICE DESK by Jira?
As we work toward delivering better Information Technology customer service, we realize you may have questions. We are here to answer them for you. Feel free to contact a member of the Information Technology team, or better yet, ask your question through SERVICE DESK by Jira and get a jumpstart on using the new system.