Intensives in Occupational Therapy (OT 9662) offer students an opportunity to explore certain topics/areas of practice related to occupational therapy in greater depth than they would receive in the regular OT curriculum. Students consider Intensive courses to be one of the highlights of their academic experience.
- Students are able to take two Intensives
- Offered in winter term of year 2
- Small class size
- Taught by clinicians with expertise in the respective field
- Student feedback is taken into consideration regarding Intensive course topics
- May involve off-site visits – for example: a home assessment in the Home Care Intensive
- Are in line with the current health care trends
In the fall term of Year 2, students are asked to select their preferences from among the Intensive courses planned for the following term. Information will be available for each Intensive to assist students in making an informed choice.
Sample Topics for Intensives
- Home Care
- Health Promotion
- Hand Therapy/Upper Extremity
- Private Practice
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Action Research: Enabling Communities through Enacting Change