Skip to Content
Michael Heine, PhD
Rm. 335, HSB
519 661-2111 x84113
- PhD (Alberta)
- MA (Western)
- LA SEK II (Bochum, Germany)
- Director, International Centre for Olympic Studies
Supervising Graduate Students
- Discourse Analysis of Olympic spaces
- Discourse Analysis of economic processes and commodification in sports
- Aboriginal Games Documentation in sub-Arctic and Arctic Canada
- Forsyth J, O’Bonsawin C & Heine M. (Eds.) (2014). Intersections and Intersectionalities in Olympic and Paralympic Studies. London, ON: International Centre for Olympic Studies.
- Heine M. (2014). ‘The Sunday Flag Is Up!’ Western Arctic Aboriginal Cultures and the Sports of the Fur Traders. Journal of Sport History, 41(2), 401-416.
- Barney RK & Heine M. (2015). The Emblem of One United Body: The Olympic Games and Canada’s Quest for Self-Identity. Sport in Society, 18(7), 816-834.
- Gwich'in Social and Cultural Institute
- International Centre for Olympic Studies, University of Western Ontario
- Arctic Winter Games Committee, Historian
- Introduction to the Sociology of Sport and Physical Activity
- Media analysis and Social Theory of Sport
- Qualitative Methods in Sports Studies