Skip to Content
Philip C. Doyle, PhD
Room 2200, Elborn College
519 661-2111 x88942
- PhD (University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, University of California, Santa Barbara)
- MA (University of California, Santa Barbara)
- BA (Calfornia State University, Fresno)
- Department of Otolaryngology (Head and Neck Surgery)
Supervising Graduate Students
- Voice and voice disorders
- Communication disorders associated with head and neck cancer
- Laryngeal physiology and pathophysiology
- Disorders of voice and speech related to head and neck cancers and laryngectomy
- Perceptual psychophysics and measurement of voice and voice quality
- Speech and voice acoustics
- Measurement of quality of life associated with voice disorders and cancer
- Caty ME, Kinsella EA & Doyle P. (2015). Reflective practice in Speech-Language Pathology: A scoping review. International Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 17(4), 411-420, 10.3109/17549507.2014.979870.
- Xu JJ, Campbell G, Alsaffar H, Brandt MG, Doyle PC, Glicksman JT & Fung K. (2015). Lymphadenopathy: Defining a palpable lymph node. Head & neck, 37(2), 177-181.
- Chow W, Brandt MG, Dworschak-Stokan A, Doyle PC, Matic D & Husein M. (2015). Validation of the Mirror-Fogging Test as a Screening Tool for Velopharyngeal Insufficiency §. The Open Otorhinolaryngology Journal, 8(1), DOI: 10.2174/1874428101508010015
- Brandt MG, Scott GM, Doyle PC & Ballagh RH. (2014). Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgeon unemployment in Canada: a cross-sectional survey of graduating Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery residents. Journal of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery, 43(1), 1.
- Tan SL, Brandt MG, Yeung JC, Doyle PC & Moore CC. (2015). The Aesthetic Unit Principle of Facial Aging. JAMA facial plastic surgery, 17(1), 33-38.
- Yeung JC, Fung K, Davis E, Rai SK, Day A, Dzioba A, Bornbaum C & Doyle PC. (2015). Longitudinal variations of laryngeal overpressure and voice‐related quality of life in spasmodic dysphonia. The Laryngoscope, 125(3), 661-666.
- Voice Production and Perception Laboratory (only lab of its type in Canada)
- Postlaryngectomy Research Laboratory
- Laboratory for Well-Being and Quality of Life in Oncology
- Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck and Reconstructive Surgery
- Advanced Seminar: Communication Disorders in Head and Neck Cancer
- Health-Related Quality of Life
- Faculty of Health Sciences Teaching Award of Excellence, 2013