Faculty and Staff Recognition
Thank you for your contributions and accomplishments over the last year. Achievement of Western’s priorities is not possible without the dedication and engagement of its faculty and staff. You and your family are invited to celebrate by taking part in one of three Western Family Recognition Events being held in late January and early February 2020.
Please join us, bring your family, and have some fun!
Faceoff at the Forks: Mustangs Men’s Hockey vs. Guelph Gryphons
The Faceoff at the Forks is the return of Mustangs hockey to downtown London at Bud Gardens. The name gains its inspiration from the Thames River that runs through Western’s Campus and London’s downtown. Hosted at Budweiser Gardens, located just steps away from the Forks of the Thames, this event is a celebration of 100 years of Mustangs hockey, which itself was fittingly born out of shinny games on the frozen Thames River.
Thursday, January 30, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. (Doors open at 6:00)
(up to 6 tickets per family)
Budweiser Gardens, 99 Dundas Street, London
Opera at Western presents: The Mikado by Gilbert & Sullivan
The Mikado is a delightful satire, a smart skewering of power, politics, and personal relationships. The music is both lovely and lively in equal measure. In the grand tradition of Gilbert and Sullivan, much of the text is updated to reflect (and lampoon) our modern Canadian realities, while retaining the beautiful score and clever storytelling of the original. A wickedly funny, tune-filled romp for the whole family.
Friday, January 31, 2020 at 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, February 2, 2020 at 2:00 p.m.
Paul Davenport Theatre, Talbot College, Western University (up to 4 tickets per family)
Doors open 15 minutes before performance.
Western Film presents: Disney’s Live Action, The Lion King
From Disney Live Action, director Jon Favreau's all-new "The Lion King" journeys to the African savanna where a future king is born. Simba idolizes his father, King Mufasa, and takes to heart his own royal destiny. But not everyone in the kingdom celebrates the new cub's arrival. Scar, Mufasa's brother-and former heir to the throne-has plans of his own. The battle for Pride Rock is ravaged with betrayal, tragedy and drama, ultimately resulting in Simba's exile. With help from a curious pair of newfound friends, Simba will have to figure out how to grow up and take back what is rightfully his.
Sunday, February 2, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. (doors and concession open at 12:15 p.m.) The movie will start promptly at the scheduled time. (up to 4 tickets per family)
Western Film, McKellar Theatre, 2nd floor University Community Centre (UCC)
Order your tickets
- Western’s Family Recognition event is limited to one of the above events:
To order your tickets visit https://westernmustangstickets.universitytickets.com/w/?cid=165
(Western user ID and password required). Please ensure you have an user account created within the Sports & Recreation ticketing system.
- Enter promo code MUSTANGFAMILY in the coupon code box at checkout to obtain your complimentary tickets.
- You will receive ticket(s) via e-mail. Note tickets for the Face Off at the Forks event will be e-mailed to you directly from Budweiser Gardens.
- You must present your tickets (electronic or paper version) and your Western ID to access the event.
- Tickets are limited but there will be a waiting list.
- It is important that if you order tickets and are unable to attend to contact Western Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24-hours prior to the event so that someone else can enjoy the event.
- Please let us know if you have any accessibility requests.
For events occurring on campus, complimentary parking for guests without parking permits will be available in the following lots:
- Alumni Thompson Visitor Parking Lot (non-arena spaces)
- Upper Heating
- Visual Arts
- Althouse Student
- Springett Students
- Medway lot behind Elgin Hall Residence
- Huron Flats
- Elborn College - regular lot spaces
- Springett Staff
We look forward to seeing you and your family at one of these special events! If you have any questions please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or at extension 82194.