Pride Parade 2019
Western - Show Your Pride
- 26th Annual London Pride Parade - Join the Purple Wave by putting on your purple and PRIDE gear and arrive at the Western Fair parking by 11:30 a.m. on July 26, 2020. We will have an artist doing face-painting or tattoos (this is a bit weather dependant) from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. The parade leaves at 12:30 p.m. and goes along Queens Avenue to Victoria Park.
- The Pride contingent will include members marching under the banners of the Western Queer Caucus, UWOFA, UWOSA, the USC, SOGS, PMA and other Western organizations.
- Western is building its support of the various events connected to London's Pride Festival. The festival helps to promote unity, inclusion, and awareness of sexual and gender diversity.
- Western, Show Your Pride! Western's Pride Banner will be travelling across campus in various locations until July 26. Snap a pic, tag #westernupride and show your pride!
- Out in the Sun: Thank you to campus members who came out to help celebrate and raise the Pride flag at the Out in the Sun event on July 15 on the Concrete Beach. Check out some of the images from the event at: https://news.westernu.ca/2019/07/western-pride-celebrates-identity-inclusion/
Thank you for helping to paint London's Pride Parade Route purple!
A team of Western folks helped support the 25th London Pride Parade with a great deal of energy and enthusiasm on July 28. Thanks to all those who came out to support this event. See you next year on July 26, 2020.
The mission of London's Pride Festival:
To provide an annual opportunity to generate celebratory, cultural, artistic and educational events which affirm the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual, transgender, and two-spirited people, and supporters through activities which promote unity, inclusion, and awareness of sexual and gender diversity.