Western - Show Your Pride
- 25th Annual London Pride Parade - Join the Purple Wave by putting on your purple and PRIDE gear and arrive at the Western Fair parking by 11:30 a.m. on July 28, 2019. We will have an artist doing face-painting or tattoos (this is a bit weather dependant) from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. The parade leaves at 12:30 p.m. and goes along Queens Avenue to Victoria Park.
- The Pride contingent will include members marching under the banners of the Western Queer Caucus, UWOFA, UWOSA, the USC, SOGS, PMA and other Western organizations.
- Western is building its support of the various events connected to London's Pride Festival. The festival helps to promote unity, inclusion, and awareness of sexual and gender diversity.
- Western, Show Your Pride! Until July 26, Western's Pride Banner will be travelling across campus. The Show Your Pride Banner will be travelling around the UCC in various locations from July 10– July 26. Snap a pic, tag #westernupride and show your pride!
Pride Banner Schedule:
June 10 - 14 - Western Libraries
June 17 - 21 - The Wellness Centre
June 24 - 28 - SOGS
July 2 - 5 - The Rec Centre
July 8 - 12 - IGAB - Conference
July 15 - 19 - USC "Out in the Sun event (July 15)
July 22 - 26 - Western Housing
- Out in the Sun on Monday, July 15 at 11am on the Concrete Beach. Western’s official Pride flag raising event and the first 100 ice creams are free! Everyone welcome.
Western Queer Caucus - founded in 2007 as a group for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, two-spirited, questioning, and queer faculty and graduate students and their allies, as well as for people engaged in various forms of queer academic work. The caucus links people across faculties, schools, and departments and is intended to help forge community, facilitate academic alliances, promote scholarship, provide a venue for activism, and encourage discussions and practices of diverse forms of queer pedagogy. The Queer Caucus sponsors academic talks, social events, and Queer Research Day, which is held in April every year. For more information or to join the mailing list, please contact email@example.com.
Help us paint London's Pride Parade Route purple!
Get your purple on and join Western community members in the 25th London Pride Parade. Meet in the Western Fair District Parking Lot (Off Rectory Street) on Sunday, July 28, 2019 (parade formation from 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m). Parade starts at 12:30 p.m.
Remember to deck yourself out in purple and join in the parade.
The mission of London's Pride Festival:
To provide an annual opportunity to generate celebratory, cultural, artistic and educational events which affirm the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual, transgender, and two-spirited people, and supporters through activities which promote unity, inclusion, and awareness of sexual and gender diversity.