Western Pride 2020
Western - Show Your Pride Virtually
- This year's Pride activities will be celebrated a bit differently. Activities will be held virtually with the London Pride Festival scheduled from July 16-26, 2020. Online launch takes place on July 16 at 7:00 p.m. More information.
- Help us celebrate Pride at Western by sending your photos of your PRIDE activities. We are going to bring them together to help celebrate virtually. Send photos to email@example.com or tag them on social media using #WesternUPride by July 22, 2020.
- Western proudly raises the Pride flag in celebration of the 2020 London Pride Festival. While we are virtual this year, Western is pleased to be hosting many engaging and fun events online.
- Pride London and Western Student Experience are hosting a PRIDE MOVIE NIGHT on Friday, July 17 at 8pm! Details on how to join in at: https://www.facebook.com/events/715292265979009
- Pride Social Media Showcase. The team at Western Housing will be showcasing how their staff and students have been celebrating Pride Month over the past month. Watch ocial media showcase of how our staff and students have been celebrating Pride over the last month. This will be housed on our @westernuhousing Instagram Stories and be sure to watch the #westernupride hashtag. The showcase is set for July 16th and 17th.
- Accessible Pride Yoga - In celebration of Pride Week, join in on a special 30-minute Yoga class on Thursday, July 23 from 12:00 to 12:30 p.m. Cassie will lead the virtual group through a relaxing series of exercises, offering modifications so we can all enjoy our time together. What a great way to celebrate and relieve some stress!? Namaste. Log in information.
- Western Student Experience has launched a new Gender and Sexual Diversity webpage. Find resources for LGBT2Q+ and questioning students, connections to on-campus and off-campus communities and resources, how to be an ally on campus, as well as resources to actively engage and learn more. Your active and visible support can make a difference.
- Celebrate Western Pride this year by downloading and printing out our window sign! If you'd like to customize the colours on the flag, we've made a black and white version that you can colour yourself.
- Lunch & Learn on The Intersection of Race, Gender & Sexuality’. This session will explore effective allyship through a transgender woman’s perspective on intersectionality. Facilitated by Ladan Mowlid who is the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Education Coordinator with Western University's Student Experience division. She is passionate about the impacts of intersecting social binaries and is excited to guide the conversation we are going to have during this session. Limited attendance, please register at https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/114069773764
- EquiTEA Break. The focus of our first EquiTEA break will be about PRIDE, given that our London Pride celebrations run from July 16 - 26th. Please make yourself a cup of tea (or coffee) and join us in an informal discussion about:
(a) What does Pride mean to you?
(b) How does Pride intersect with Black Lives Matter?
(c) How can I be an ally for Pride and the 2SLGBTQ+ community?
Space is limited. Please register at: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/113683155378
- Watch for more details as we look at other virtual ways to creatively share all things Pride.
Pride Movie Night - July 17, 2020 - 8:00 p.m.
Pride London Festival 2020 Launch - July 16, 2020
Join the London Pride Festival as they come together to celebrate the online launch of the 40th Pride London Festival on July 16, 2020. For more information on how to participate in this launch please visit: http://pridelondon.ca/events/2020Launch