Western - Show Your Pride
- 24th Annual London Pride Parade - Join the Purple Wave by putting on your purple and PRIDE gear and arrive at the Western Fair parking by 11:30 a.m. on July 29, 2018. We will have an artist doing face-painting or tattoos (this is a bit weather dependant) from 11am to 12pm. The parade leaves at 12:30 p.m. and goes along Queens Avenue to Victoria Park.
- The Pride contingent will include members marching under the banners of the Western Queer Caucus, UWOFA, UWOSA, the USC, SOGS, PMA and other Western organizations.
- Western is building its support of the various events connected to London's Pride Festival. The festival helps to promote unity, inclusion, and awareness of sexual and gender diversity.
- Western, Show Your Pride! Until July 29, Western's Pride banner will be travelling across campus. The Show Your Pride Banner will be in the Grad Club from July 9–13 and will travel around the UCC in various locations from July 16–27. Snap a pic, tag #westernupride and show your pride!
- Out in the Sun on Monday, July 16th at 11am on the Concrete Beach. Western’s official Pride flag raising event and the first 100 ice creams are free! Everyone welcome.
Western Queer Caucus - founded in 2007 as a group for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, two-spirited, questioning, and queer faculty and graduate students and their allies, as well as for people engaged in various forms of queer academic work. The caucus links people across faculties, schools, and departments and is intended to help forge community, facilitate academic alliances, promote scholarship, provide a venue for activism, and encourage discussions and practices of diverse forms of queer pedagogy. The Queer Caucus sponsors academic talks, social events, and Queer Research Day, which is held in April every year. For more information or to join the mailing list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us paint London's Pride Parade Route purple!
Get your purple on and join Western community members in the 24th London Pride Parade. Meet in the Western Fair District Parking Lot (Off Rectory Street) on Sunday, July 29, 2018 (parade formation from 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m). Parade starts at 12:30 p.m.
Remember to deck yourself out in purple and join in the parade.
The mission of London's Pride Festival:
To provide an annual opportunity to generate celebratory, cultural, artistic and educational events which affirm the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual, transgender, and two-spirited people, and supporters through activities which promote unity, inclusion, and awareness of sexual and gender diversity.