Western Family Recognition Events
Western President Amit Chakma invites you and your family to enjoy a 2017 Western Family Recognition event.
Choose from a Sunday afternoon at the opera (January 29), or a great movie event (February 12).
We hope to see you and your family at one of these special events to recognize and thank our faculty and staff members for all the work they do to make Western great.
UWOpera at Western presents The Magic Flute (Die Zauberflöte) by W.A. Mozart
Sunday January 29, 2017 – This opera performance is SOLD OUT.
W.A. Mozart’s “The Magic Flute” is the perfect family opera. Full of fun and fantasy it is one of the most performed and beloved of all operas. Sung in original German with English dialogue and SurtitlesTM.
Conductor Tyrone Paterson
Director: Theodore Baerg
Western Film: Trolls
Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 1 p.m., Room 290, UCC Building
The film revolves around two trolls on a quest to save their village from destruction by the Bergen, creatures who eat trolls.
Western Film: Sully
Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 3:30 p.m., Room 290, UCC Building.
The story of Chesley Sullenberger, an American pilot who became a hero after landing his damaged plane on the Hudson River in order to save the flight's passengers and crew.
Complimentary refreshments will be available at the three events
One event and a maximum four tickets per faculty/staff member please.
Visit https://www.uwo.ca/hr/facultystaff/family_reg.html to order tickets (Western user ID and password required).
- You will receive ticket(s) via email on the Thursday prior to the event, at the latest.
- You must bring your PRINTED TICKET and WESTERN ID to have access to the event.
- Tickets are limited and there will be a waiting list.
- If you have ordered tickets and are unable to attend an event please email email@example.com so that someone else may enjoy the performance. Unused tickets may affect your ability to order tickets to future complimentary events.
- Please let us know if you have any mobility requests.