Dr. Audrey Bouvier
Assistant Professor & Canadian Research Chair in Planetary Materials
Curator, Western Meteorite Collection
Ph.D. École Normale Supérieure de Lyon, 2005
Office: BGS 1081
Labs: Biotron 20F; MSA 00230A
Phone: 519-661-2111 x.88516
- Understanding the formation and evolution of planetary bodies within the inner Solar System through chemical and isotopic studies of planetary materials.
- High resolution chronometry of planetary processes based on short- and long-lived radionuclides to study the dynamics of the solar nebula, planetary formation and differentiation, and impact histories of planetary surfaces in the Solar System.
- Development of new geochemical approaches and cutting edge laboratory techniques.
- Bouvier, A. and Boyet, M. (2016). Primitive Solar System materials and Earth share a common initial 142Nd abundance. Nature 537, 399-402.
- Bouvier A., 2015. Lu-Hf dating of Meteorites. In Encyclopedia of Scientific Dating Methods, edited by W. Jack Rink and Jeroen Thompson, and Section Editor L. Heaman. Springer Reference Work Publisher. 978p. ISBN 978-94-007-6303-6 www.springer.com/978-94-007-6303-6
- Bouvier A., Blichert-Toft J., Albarède F., 2014. Comment on "Geochronology of the Martian meteorite Zagami revealed by U-Pb ion probe dating of accessory minerals" by Zhou et al., Earth and Planetary Science Letters. 385, p. 215-216.
- Bouvier A., Wadhwa M., Simon S. B. and Grossman L., 2013. Magnesium isotopic fractionation in chondrules from the Murchison and Murray CM2 carbonaceous chondrites. Meteoritics & Planetary Science 48, 339-353.
- Moynier F., Day J. M. D., Okui W., Yokoyama T., Bouvier A., Walker R. J. and Podosek F. A., 2012. Planetary-scale strontium isotopic heterogeneity and the age of volatile depletion of early Solar System materials. The Astrophysical Journal v. 758, 45-51.
- Bouvier A., Spivak-Birndorf L. J., Brennecka G. A., Wadhwa M., 2011. New constraints on early Solar System chronology from Al-Mg and U-Pb isotope systematics in the unique basaltic achondrite Northwest Africa 2976. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta v.75, p. 5310-5323.
- Bouvier A., and Wadhwa M., 2010. The age of the Solar System redefined by the oldest Pb-Pb age of a meteoritic inclusion. Nature Geoscience, v. 3, p. 637-641.
- Bouvier A., Blichert-Toft J., and Albarède F., 2009. Martian meteorite chronology and the evolution of the interior of Mars. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, v. 280, p. 285-295.
- Bouvier A., Vervoort J. D., and Patchett P. J., 2008. The Lu–Hf and Sm–Nd isotopic composition of CHUR: Constraints from unequilibrated chondrites and implications for the bulk composition of terrestrial planets. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, v. 273, p. 48-57.
ES3313A: Igneous Petrology
GL/PS9510B: Cosmochemistry: Origin and formation of the Solar System and planets
There are no available graduate student positions at this time.