Project management provides people with a powerful set of knowledge, skills and tools to improve their ability to plan, implement, and manage projects on time and on budget. The Project Management Institute defines a project as a temporary endeavor undertaken to create a unique product, service or result. There are elements of project management in everything that we do, and project management professionals come from virtually every major industry, including business management, construction, engineering, financial services, information technology, healthcare, human resources and more.
Continuing Studies at Western offers the Professional Certificate program in several different options, giving you flexibility and choice to meet your professional development needs.
This fast-track option is for motivated individuals who wish to
accelerate their learning with a more intense learning experience.
Option One - Accelerated
NEW: Accelerated Program
This option may be best for those participants who are looking to:
- Complete project management training as quickly as possible (depending on elective selection, program can be completed within 6 months)
- Reduce total expenses across the program
- Learn and network with a single cohort of classmates
This option allows individuals to complete the program one course
at a time, either in-class or completely online for maximum flexibility.
Option Two - Learn at Your Own Pace
This option may be best for those participants wanting:
- To explore the field of project management without committing to a complete program
- Flexibility in scheduling and a longer time to complete the program
- The cost of the program broken down into smaller amounts
- A slower class pace with more time to practice