Update for faculty and staff: modified phase 3
September 22, 2020 4:00 PM
As COVID-19 cases rise across Ontario, and with Western students among those who have tested positive for COVID-19 in recent days, Western took swift action and moved back to a modified phase 3 of our Return to Campus plan.
This is a temporary measure.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely, follow recommendations from the Middlesex-London Health Unit, and reassess the situation on a regular basis.
In the meantime, we know you may have questions about what the modified phase 3 environment looks like.
In modified phase 3, most Western buildings remain open, however, hours may be adjusted (see below).
Since we have reopened the libraries to the campus community, our visitors have been successfully demonstrating adherence to health and safety protocols, and we are grateful for the support. Western Libraries remain open, operating at current levels of service.
There is no impact to the current operations of the following units:
- Audiology Clinics
- Cronyn Observatory
- Dental Clinics
- McIntosh Gallery
Also, while the following units were part of Phase 4, employees in these units should continue to come to campus unless otherwise notified by their supervisor:
- Alumni Relations & Development
- Campus Recreation (facilities staff only)
- Internal Audit
- Legal Counsel
- Western Libraries
- Principal Gifts
- University Secretariat
If you have any questions, please speak directly to your leader/supervisor.
Effective September 18:
- In-person athletics/sport and recreation are suspended (virtual services and programming continue)
- Practice fields are closed to group activities
- TD Stadium is closed
- The Wave is closed
- The Spoke is open for take-out only
- The Grad Club is open for take-out only
- University Community Centre (UCC) has revised hours: Monday to Friday from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tim Hortons, Starbucks and Subway (all in the UCC) will continue to offer take-out
- The UCC Centre Spot is closed
- Western Film is closed
- Student Health Services remains open
- Bookstore is open 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Some basement services in UCC remain open including: the pharmacy, Life Labs, chiropractor, Campus Vision, dentist, and the grocery checkout
- The Smooth Wax Bar, the hair salon and LifeTouch in the UCC are closed
- The Peer Support Centre is taking online appointments and Food Support Services hampers are requested online and picked up in person.
Preventing the spread of COVID-19 is a shared responsibility. On behalf of Western’s senior leadership team, thank you for your continued hard work, dedication and patience as we continue to operate safely.
Vice-President (Operations & Finance)