COVID-19 Update for the Campus Community
November 17, 2020 9:20 AM
On Friday, the Ontario government updated the provincial COVID-19 response framework to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
What does this mean for Western?
There are no new operational changes required over and above the current measures in place on campus and there is no impact on classes or research activities at this time.
We continue to work closely with federal, provincial and local health officials, and should things change, we will communicate with you via email, social media and the university’s dedicated COVID-19 website.
Let’s keep doing our part
The health and safety of Western’s campus community is a shared responsibility. We must continue to take thoughtful and persistent steps to take care of ourselves, each other, and our community:
- Complete the return-to-campus questionnaire before each visit to campus (link for undergraduate students; link for employees and graduate students)
- Limit your close contacts
- Adhere to the restrictions in our region
- Practice physical distancing
- Wear a mask indoors, and even outdoors when close to others
- Wash hands thoroughly and often and avoid touching your face
- Get tested on campus if you have COVID-19 symptoms
- Download the COVID Alert mobile app
- Stay home if you’re sick Western’s health and safety ambassadors will continue to help ensure compliance with COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
Together, we can create a safer and healthier campus community.
Thank you for continuing to do your part.
Vice-President (Operations and Finance)