Western supporting students and employees following Delaware Hall COVID-19 outbreak
December 11, 2021 11:30 AM
The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) has declared a COVID-19 outbreak in Delaware Hall residence, where there are currently seven confirmed positive cases.
The University is taking its direction from MLHU and is collaborating with officials on contact tracing.
“We want to assure our students and their families that we have extensive plans in place to support them,” said Chris Alleyne, Western’s associate vice-president of housing and ancillary services “We are also working closely with health unit officials to ensure proper precautions are being taken to minimize further risk of transmission.”
Close contacts in Delaware Hall have been notified by the MLHU and are self-isolating with support from the University.
Out of an abundance of caution, all employees and residents of Delaware are being notified and asked to self-monitor for symptoms and get tested if symptoms associated with COVID-19 develop, regardless of vaccination status.
For access to testing this weekend (December 11 and 12), students can visit the Carling Heights Assessment Centre:
Carling Assessment Centre
656 Elizabeth Street, London
Hours of operation: Monday to Sunday, 9:15 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Western’s on-campus vaccination and testing centre hours of operation are updated weekly and no appointment is necessary.
The campus community has a vaccination rate of about 99 per cent. Students and employees have also been diligent by wearing masks, completing daily health screening and staying home when unwell.
CONTACTS AND SUPPORTS
- Office of the Registrar: www.registrar.uwo.ca/services/contact_us.html
- Graduate students: https://grad.uwo.ca/administration/directory.html
- Residence inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- International students: email@example.com
- Health-related inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-661-3030
- Student Support & Case Management: email@example.com or 519-661-2111 x89152
- Vaccination information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Well-being supports: Confidential services through LifeWorks (formerly Morneau Shepell)
- Health-related inquiries: Contact your family doctor, Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000, or Workplace Health at Western at 519-661-2111 x85472
- Accessibility needs: email@example.com
- Other inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vaccination information: email@example.com
AFFILIATED UNIVERSITY COLLEGES