Western moves to essential services for on-campus activities
Based on a directive from the provincial government, Western is moving to essential services on campus beginning at 11:59p.m., Tuesday, March 24, continuing for at least 14 days.
Western will continue to support students living in residence who cannot return home due to travel restrictions, health, personal circumstances, or various obligations.
As Western moves to this essential services model, please note the following important changes to our facilities:
- All on-campus eateries will be closed
- All buildings will be closed, with the exception of student residences
Residence dining halls will be closed with students picking up their meals and taking them back to their rooms.To-go meals will be available for purchase and pickup at Elgin, Essex and Ontario Hall every day during the hours of 12 p.m.-1 p.m. for lunch and 5 p.m.-6 p.m. for dinner.
- Student Health & Wellness is open for in-person and telephone appointments. To make an appointment email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Family Practice Clinic is open for virtual and telephone appointments for registered faculty and staff. To make an appointment email email@example.com
- Restricted card access will be granted only to employees required to work on campus, approved by Deans or Vice-Presidents - we appreciate people’s patience as we work on the necessary access requirements
- We continue to sustain all animal care facilities
- All university research labs will be closed, along with the buildings, with the exception of those deemed essential by the Vice-President Research. These include:
- Labs conducting COVID-19 research
- Labs that must maintain essential biological specimens
- Labs with equipment that must continue to be calibrated and cannot be turned off
We appreciate your patience as we work together to move to essential services.