Antony R. Littlewood
BA, (Leeds), B. Litt. (Oxon.)
Department of Classical Studies
University of Western Ontario
- Byzantine Literature
- Byzantine Gardens
- Greek Palaeography
- Roman Satire
Selected Recent Publications:
- Michaelis Pselli Oratoria Minora, Teubner, Leipzig, 1985.
- Originality in Byzantine Literature, Art and Music, (ed.), Oxbow Books, 1995.
- "The Erotic Symbolism of the Apple in Late Byzantine and Meta-Byzantine Demotic Literature", Byzantine and Modern Greek Studies 17 (1993) 83-103.
- "Gardens of the Palaces", in H. Maguire (ed.) Byzantine Court Culture from 829 to 1204, Washington, (1997)13-78.
- Comments (invited) in SO Debate, Jakov Ljubarskij, "Quellenforschung and/or Literary Criticism: Narrative Structures in Byzantine Historical Writings", Symbolae Osloenses: Norwegian Journal of Greek and Latin Studies 73 (1998) 40-42.
- "Byzantine letters of Consolation in the Macedonian and Komnenian Periods", Dumbarton Oaks Papers 53 (1999) 19-41.
- "The Scholarship of Byzantine Gardens", in A.R. Littlewood, H. Maguire & J. Wolschke-Bulmahn (eds.), Byzantine Garden Culture, Washington, D.C., (2002) 13-21.
- "Possible Future Directions", ibid, 215-219.