ChemistryWestern Science


Visa Information

You may have needed a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization to visit Canada to participate in the 49th Si Symposium. 

Information about the visa process may be found on the Government of Canada's Visit Canada website. Once you have determined that you will require a visa to attend the 49th Si Symposium, start planning early. The process can take much longer than indicated.  It is usually easier to get a visa if you are presenting at a conference, so be sure to submit an abstract.  We will provide a letter of invitation in support of your visa application.

Visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to Canada will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travelers with a valid visa.

Travelling to Edmonton

A list of airlines, with links, serving the Edmonton International Airport (YEG) may be found here. 

A list of ground transportation, with links, serving Edmonton may be found here.

Tourism Information

Canada Keep Exploring 

Travel Alberta 

Explore Edmonton 

Downtown Edmonton