- August 21, 2017The CCAA is pleased to announce it has received funding from the Ontario Sport and Recreation Communities Fund (2017-18) . This project will support exercise program development and implementation for older adults with mobility challenges.
- May 01, 2017May is Leave a Legacy Month. Commit to supporting programs and services that helped you and other adults in the London community remain healthy and active throughout their retirement years.
- May 23, 2017CCAA program director Clara Fitzgerald was interviewed recently for a feature article in the summer issue of Sage magazine, a publication from the National Association of Federal Retirees.
- May 08, 2017Every week, close to 500 Londoners ranging in age from their late 50s to their mid-90s participate in fitness classes at the CCAA. The energy in the gym is infectious, and it spills over into the weight room and down the hall, clearly demonstrating the benefits of maintaining physical fitness as you age.
- April 17, 2017The Canadian Centre for Activity and Aging (CCAA) is sad to announce the passing of CCAA co-founder, Dr. Peter Rechnitzer on April 15, 2017.
- February 14, 2017A team of senior fitness instructors is keeping Cornwall's aging population fit, active and connected to their community through their Senior Fit classes at the Benson Centre.
- January 04, 2017Researchers at the University of Regina recently found that when seniors completed a simple exercise program they improved their mobility, strength and flexibility and how they perceived their well-being increased.