Learn about being an A&H student
Thinking about the Faculty of Arts & Humanities at Western?
This Fall, we put together an incredible presentation highlighting some of the aspects of studying with us and what an Arts & Humanities education can mean for you.
In case you missed our contribution to the Trailblazer Thursday Recruitment nights, you can check out our video here!
What's in this video?
- A greeting from our Dean of Arts & Humanities, Dr. Michael Milde
- Slides illustrating some key points about our Faculty
- Videos from students from each of our Departments telling us what they love about their studies
- Answers to commonly asked questions asked by prospective students
Who are those students?
- Magdalena Masciantonio - Languages and Cultures
- Rowan McCready - Visual Arts
- Sydney Turner - Philosophy
- Jordan Ramnarine - Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies
- Abby Robitaille - English and Writing Studies
- Rachael Jensen - French Studies
- Emma Ford - Classical Studies
- Maahi Patel - School for Advanced Studies in Arts and Humanities (SASAH)
- Alexandra Rizkallah - Theatre Studies
- Want to know more? Check out our Instagram (@westernuarts) for pinned stories of these students' takeovers!
Meet some of our Professors
For our Fall Preview Day in 2021, we created content aligning with sustainability themes such as:
- Social Justice and Equality - Felipe Quintanilla , Assistant Professor, Department of Languages and Cultures
- Health Care for All - Charles Weijer, Professor, Department of Philosophy/Rotman Institute of Philosophy
- Saving the Planet - Tom Cull, Assistant Professor, Department of English and Writing Studies
- Building Creative Communities - Joanna Devereux, Assistant Professor, Department of English and Writing Studies
These videos were created by our Professors to discuss their work pertaining to each theme.
What are alumni up to?
We have so many successful alumni working in a myriad of careers. Take a look at some of our featured graduates on this ever-growing page.
Want to learn more? Each year, the Arts & Humanities Students' Council produces in-depth interviews in our Spotlight publication - an opportunity for students to develop their journalism skills and for alumni to showcase their success. Check them out here.
Miss our previous year's online contributions?
MORE reasons why you should study in the Faculty of Arts & Humanities at Western University!