Networker Backup and Recovery Services
About Networker Backup and Recovery
WTS offers Networker Backup / Recovery services for most computer operating systems using TCP/IP protocol over the Campus Backbone.
These services are based on NetWorker software and include the following features:
- Unattended overnight backups are performed between 5pm and 7am depending on client needs.
- Backups are run on a 28 day schedule, comprised of one Full backup and incremental backups on all other days. Files are kept in the archive for 2 months before the data is released.
- File / Directory inclusion and exclusion options allow the client backup to be tailored to your exact requirements.
- System Administrators can initiate restores from their client machines.
- The backup data is online and available for recovery, 24X7. No WTS staff have to be contacted.
- A second copy of all backup data is made within 24 hours, and stored in our Secondary Data Centre for disaster recovery purposes
- System Administrators receive and automated email notification after the completion of each backup.
- Alternatively, the emails can be sent to user specified mailing list
System Administrators Responsibilities
The Networker backups are not suitable for server “bare metal restores”. In the event of a complete client system failure, the System Administrator is responsible for any necessary hardware repair, then a re-installation of the Operation System, patches, and applications. The Networker backups are then available for file level restores.
NOTE: Client systems must be connected to the campus backbone.
Pricing and Fees
Any questions about the service should be directed to the Networker Support Team.
Published on and maintained in Cascade CMS.