Application Deadline for September 2014 Admission: January 15th, 2014 for early acceptance. Later applications will be considered if spaces remain.
Intake into the program will be once per annum, in September. Admissions will be recommended by the Committee on Graduate Studies. An honors BA in Women's, Gender or Feminist Studies with a minimum average of B+ (78%) for the last two years of study is required for admission to the program. Students from other disciplines may be considered if they demonstrate adequate preparation in feminist theory and methodology (at least three full-course equivalents above the first-year level including one seminar at the 300 level or above).
- Applications are to be submitted electronically to the School of Graduate Studies at Western (SGPS). Follow the link below to apply:
Applicants can contact SGPS for assistance with their application at (519) 850-2341 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Applicants who have transcripts from Ontario universities can arrange to have transcripts provided through the application process. Students from universities outside of Ontario must arrange to have an official set of transcripts (or certified copies) from all universities/colleges previously attended sent to SGPS immediately after submissions. Transcripts issued in another language than english must be accompanied by certified english translations. To be considered official, all academic records must be received in envelopes which have been sealed and endorsed by the issuing institution.
- Applicants must provide names and contact information for two academic referees. SGPS will contact the referees directly with forms and directions for submitting references electronically.
- If English is not the applicants' first language, official TOEFL, IELTS or MELAB scores taken within the past two years are required.
- TOEFL minimum: 630 (paper), 267 (electronic) or 109 (internet)
- IELTS minimum: 8.0
- MELAB minimum: 91 overall, with a minimum of 85 on each of the 3 parts, plus the oral/speaking component
- MA applicants, who are not submitting a proposal for an Independent Research Project (IRP), must submit a short statement of interest of approximately 250 words on the Statement of Academic Intent section of the on-line application indicating why they wish to undertake graduate work in Women's Studies and Feminist Research. Students who intend to do an IRP must submit a longer statement of interest of, approximately 300-500 words outlining the subject that they wish to pursue. Students submitting an IRP statement are not required to complete the Statement of Academic Intent section of the on-line application.
- Applications are not forwarded to Women's Studies until the form is completed and submitted by the applicant and the application fee of CAN $100.00 has been paid.
- All files will be considered by the Graduate Committee and early offers will be made starting in February, 2014. If you do not hear from us, it means your file is still under consideration. Please contact us if you have any questions about the application process.
School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
1393 Western Rd,
London, Ontario, Canada, N6G 1G9
Prof. Chris Roulston, Graduate Chair
Department of Women's Studies and Feminist Research
Lawson Hall 3255
London ON N6A 5B8
Phone: (519) 661-2111 ext. 88931
Fax: (519) 661-3491