BA: Art History and Studio Art
The Honors Specialization in Art History and Studio Art is the combination degree program. Students take an almost equal selection of Studio and Art History classes. The lectures and studio courses taught by our outstanding faculty are complemented by field trips to art galleries, museums, and other cultural institutions and by a lively series of art exhibitions and guest speakers on campus and in the London region.
Graduates of Western’s Art History and Studio Art programs have gone on to successful careers in teaching, the museum and gallery world, and in areas related to marketing, design, and visual promotion.
At Western University, the Department of Visual Arts offers four modules:
- Honors Specialization in Art History and Studio Art
- Specialization in Visual Arts
- Major in Art History and Studio Art
- Minor in Art History and Studio Art
First-year students who wish to register in a Visual Arts module must enrol in
the following Studio full-course: VAS 1020 Foundations of Visual Arts,
and two of the following Art History half-courses:
- VAH 1041A/B Art and Power
- VAH 1042A/B Art, Science and Technology
- VAH 1043A/B Art, Architecture, Fashion and Design
- VAH 1044A/B Art, Media and Popular Culture
- VAH 1045A/B Collecting Art and Culture
Click Here for the complete list of module requirements.