- » Resources
- » Selected Teaching Topics
- » Teaching Dossiers
- » A Guide to Constructing Your Western Teaching Dossier
A Guide to Constructing Your Western Teaching Dossier
- A Teaching Dossier (known also as a "Teaching Portfolio" in some parts of the world) is a document that summarizes a faculty member's teaching accomplishments and activities.
At Western, it has been adopted as part of the documentation required
for decisions on faculty tenure and promotion. As the 1986 CAUT guide
states, the "teaching dossier is to education what the list of
publications, grants, and university awards is to research".
- Preparing your teaching dossier
- List of required materials for teaching dossiers at Western.
- Writing Your "Teaching Philosophy"
- Constructing this 1-2 page document can be the most difficult part of putting together a teaching dossier.