Selected Teaching Topics
- Academic Integrity
- Western University provides campus resources to support faculty members and graduate teaching assistants to ensure the academic integrity of all of our programs. On this page you will find a list of resources that will be useful for you to employ in the classroom.
- Assessment is an iterative feedback process for continual program improvement, based on the model to the right.
- Collaborative Teaching
- Curriculum and Course Design
- Discipline-Based Teaching
- This collection of teaching resources is catalogued on an external Social Bookmarking* site called delicious. These resource links have been selected and curated by experienced Teaching Assistants in each discipline and by our TATP instructors. Each resource has a short description of its contents and is "tagged" with keywords.
- Graduate Supervision
- The Teaching Support Centre (TSC) and the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (SGPS) are working on developing programs and resources to enhance graduate supervision and raise its profile and importance across campus.
- Information Literacy
- Information Literacy is defined as the skills and abilities that
facilitate efficiently accessing, critically assessing, effectively
assimilating, and responsibly applying information.
- Resources, presentations and guides to support mentoring for faculty.
- Student Engagement
- Engagement is defined as the time and effort that students spend on activities related to student life (curricular and co-curricular). It is measured by using specific behaviors such as the discussion of class material or participation in co-curricular activities.
- Teaching Dossiers
- In 1996, Western University implemented the use of Teaching Dossiers as part of the procedure for promotion and tenure. Information is provided here to assist faculty in developing their teaching dossier. Periodically, workshops are also given on this topic by the Teaching Support Centre.
- Teaching Large Classes
- Welcome to the Teaching Large Classes Website. We hope you will find
what follows useful, that the material here will offer you some new
ideas, and perhaps confirm some parts of your own experience.
- Student Evaluation of Teaching