Giving Effective Feedback
This section provides strategies for giving your students specific, meaningful feedback. Click on the links below to learn more:
- Components of Effective Feedback
- Feedback is a valuable tool in providing students with information so they can improve their skills and abilities.
- Fielding Student Responses
- The ways in which an instructor or TA fields a student's response will influence future student participation.
- Suggestions for Verbal Feedback
- The following scenario demonstrates three possible ways a TA could
respond to a student question. Specific features of the response are
discussed beneath each scenario.