- » Graduate Programs
- » Western Certificate in University Teaching and Learning
- » Written Project
Choose ONE of the following three options:
Submit a 10-page Scholarship of Teaching & Learning research proposal. This option requires the following:
- A review of at least five scholarly articles on the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in your discipline.
- An identification of one or more critical issues for learning in your discipline.
- The articulation of a research question that explores these critical learning issues.
- A proposal for several ways in which the research question could be investigated.
Design a new course in your discipline and submit a 10-page course outline. The course outline includes:
- A course description
- Rationale and learning outcomes for the course
- An outline of course topics and class activities
- A list of the required and recommended readings
- A breakdown of the assessment scheme for the course
- A description of assignments, exams and any other assessment mechanisms
- All relevant University-wide and course-specific policies
- A description of most frequently used teaching methods and activities.
Complete Graduate Studies 9500.